Been off track for the last nine days. No stories with this entry, just a recipe, some thoughts and a rating. Maybe it’s indicative of the quality of the cocktail. Let’s get to it.
- 3 ounces gin
- 1 ounce sweet vermouth
- 1 ounce dry vermouth
- 3 fresh strawberries
Place everything above into a blender and blend until smooth, pour into a cocktail shaker over ice, shake, strain and serve in a chilled martini glass.
- First sip is a tough one – as it always is when lots of dry vermouth is involved.
- After a couple of sips, this is essentially a dry gin martini with a hint – a very subtle hint – of strawberry.
- Altogether a bit of a let down. Sounds better than it looks.
- Dave’s Rating: 3/10
- Strength: 8/10
- Sweetness: 2/10
- Not my favorite drink, don’t make this expecting a fun fruity cocktail!
It’s Tuesday Night Supper Club – except the club stayed home and only Kathryn and I were there. We’re going with the “build it and they will come” theory – so when are you showing up? We thought it was time we tried the über hip and especially gay Eden restaurant in Hillcrest. On a Tuesday night apparently everyone had the same idea, as we were alone in the dining room! Food was good and the drink was interesting, and the art, well, you can comment for yourself.
- 42 Below Honey Vodka
- St. Germain
- French Muddled Strawberries
- Fresh Lemon Juice
Serve it up in a tall glass over ice.
- Tastes like strawberry lemonade, but without the tart and with the honey!
- Full of bits of the muddled strawberry for extra fun.
- There is an interesting flavor of perfume and flowers… not sure if I totally am on board…
- Nice honey aftertaste to finish.
- Dave’s Rating: 6/10
- Strength: 4/10
- Sweetness: 6/10
- This is a nice tall cooler, although I can’t quite say its refreshing.