I’ve got jubilee fever! This weekend all of England is celebrating QE2’s accession to the throne. Such a strange antiquated thing for a first world country to celebrate. There are only 44 countries in the world with a monarchy – and guess what – QE2 is queen of 16 of them. So does that make her queen of 36% of the world? Probably not, its been a couple of years since the sun hasn’t set on the British Empire. Kind of strange that such a small country once had such a grip on the world… even more strange that they have somehow managed to hold on to as much influence as they have! Rule Britannia!
- 1.5 ounces Crown Royal (today we’re going with the stronger, more intriguing “Black” variety
- 4.5 ounces Mexican Coca Cola
Grab yourself a rocks glass, add ice, Crown and coke. Serve.
- Not quite Makers, not quite rum. Tastes like molasses alcohol with Coke. Not so bad.
- For some reason it doesn’t quite match the heights of a Cuba Libre or a Makers and Coke. It’s just okay.
- On second thought, molasses may be wrong, it’s missing the sweetness… but it does have the flavor.
- Dave’s Rating: 7/10
- Strength: 5/10
- Sweetness: 7/10
- A classic cocktail – don’t be afraid to order a Crown and Coke at the bar… but remember… Makers is better.