The wife is home!!! I can start drinking again. Serious drinking. Forget where I am drinking. Help me drinking.
It’s not really that bad, but I have to say that it is so much more fun to make a cocktail and talk about it. Time for a fun one – the Russian Quaalude. This one can be made three ways – a pousse-cafe, served up or on the rocks.
- 0.75 ounce Frangelico
- 0.75 ounce Irish creme liqueur (Baileys)
- 0.75 ounce vodka
For a pousse-cafe, layer everything carefully in a shot glass and wow your friends with your skills. Otherwise be an everyman and shake everything over ice and serve either in a rocks glass over ice or straight up in a martini glass.
- This is liquid desert, unfortunately I had it right before dinner.
- Basically a Nutty Irishman with the added benefit of vodka to warm the belly.
- Tastes like Baileys, with nuts. The ladies will love it.
- Dave’s Rating: 8/10
- Strength: 6/10
- Sweetness: 9/10
- Maybe next time I will have this AFTER dinner as it should be served.