Sometimes I don’t understand the name of cocktails, this is one of those times. All I can come up with is the “Jeanie” rhymes with “martini”. I’ll try to put this behind me as I sample this cocktail. Kathryn was flipping through the bar book and this one caught her eye, so let’s give it a whirl. I have to admit that I am not sure if this goes with the football gathering we are hosting. Go niners!
- 1.5 ounces Malibu Rum
- 1 ounce lemon Vodka (Kettle One)
- 1 ounce Cointreau
- 1.5 ounces cranberry juice (unsweetened)
- 1/2 ounce fresh lime juice
- lemon twist
Nothing different here, mix up in a shaker over ice, shake it up, through it in a chilled martini glass.
- I should confess that I don’t like coconut. This drink smells of coconut and tastes a little of coconut, so there’s that.
- That said, this is a really nice drink, the flavors are very nice and its very satisfying.
- Not the manliest color, but I think this is a great drink.
- Dave’s Rating: 9/10
- Strength: 6/10 (with the “it’s a martini disclaimer”)
- Sweetness: 7/10
- If you don’t like coconut and you want coconut.