Another night, another drink. I’m starting to get back into the swing of things now, I’m being good though and trying to stick to one beverage a night! Tonight the cat is helping me mix it up.
Did I mention the weather in San Diego today? It sucks. We even had to turn the heater on… in San Diego… in January. So to lift the spirits today’s drink is definitely not what you would think of on a day like today – it’s the Beach Bum, courtesy of the Grey Goose website. This drink includes one of my favorite ingredients in my bar – Luxardo Maraschino Liqueur.
- 2 ounces Grey Goose La Poire
- 0.5 ounce Cointreau
- 1 ounce fresh lime juice
- 0.5 ounce maraschino liqueur
- dash of grenadine
Mix in a shaker full of ice, shake vigorously and serve in a rocks glass full of ice.
- The headline ingredients really come through in this – the maraschino gives the drink a pleasant nutty flavor up front with a pear finish to contrast.
- Unfortunately for the men, this one’s pink.
- After a few sips I was transported to a sunnier day on the beach.
- Dave’s Rating: 8/10
- Strength: 6/10
- Sweetness: 7/10
- Definitely a drink to enjoy on a sunny day at the beach, or on a day that you wish you were there.