There’s something about a drink with peppermint schnapps that I have never understood. I like mint, especially peppermint, but I have yet to find a drink that has combined my enjoyment of peppermint with alcohol. Am I the strange one here? So, let’s see how this suspiciously minty concoction fairs – at least it sounds fun – and it has bourbon!
- 0.75 ounce of bourbon (Maker’s Mark)
- 0.75 ounce of peppermint schnapps
- 0.75 ounce of vodka (Grey Goose)
- 0.5 ounce of Kahlua
Shake the ingredients vigorously over ice and strain into a chilled sour glass (no ice).
- This is not to be the drink that converts me to minty libations, it’s just kind of there.
- Interestingly you can’t taste the bourbon, you can’t taste the Kahlua, and vodka is flavorless so you can’t taste that. Funny thing is, while minty, it doesn’t even overpower with mint. It’s like all the other ingredients combine together to soften the mint and then disappear from your palate. Very odd.
- Basically it tastes like a mediocre chocolate mint without the chocolate.
- Dave’s Rating: 3/10 (it is at least drinkable)
- Strength: 7/10
- Sweetness: 5/10
- The quest for a great minty beverage continues…