Christmas drink #3. 11 days and 9 cocktails to go, All that talk of malls yesterday inspired me to go and fight the crowds today. By fight the crowds, I mean show up at 9am before most everyone and enjoy the “quiet before the storm”. It was almost a pleasant shopping experience. Parents don’t mess around though, by 10am the line to see Santa was a good 50 kids deep. Of course, Kathryn wouldn’t let me join the line. So bummed. At least I get a consolation lollipop,
- 0.75 ounces green chartreuse
- 0.75 ounces cherry brandy
- 0.75 ounces Cointreau
- 0.25 teaspoon maraschino liqueur
Mix, shake, serve in a chilled martini glass.
- There is a lot going on in this cocktail. There are so many unusual flavors hidden inside here.
- The first sip has an almost dry complexity, but it comes on strong with sweet, sweet cherries in the finish.
- The finish goes on and on and on. It’s hard to get that sweetness off your tongue.
- Dave’s Rating: 6/10
- Strength: 4/10
- Sweetness: 10/10
- This drink is very appropriately named. It’s a sweet cherry lollipop in a glass.