This is the beginning of a big week in the Dave Drinks world. Today is Dave’s sister’s birthday, then we have my birthday on Wednesday, followed by my “first meeting” anniversary on Friday and culminating with Valentines Day on Saturday. Is there such a thing as too much celebration? At least there is the three day weekend at the end of it to help soften the blow.
So as we try tonight’s drink, I can’t help but wondering, what the hell the name of this drink even means… any ideas? No? I guess let’s just start the drinking!
- 2 ounces vodka
- 0.75 ounces calvados
- 0.5 ounce Grand Marnier
- Maraschino Cherry for garnish
Shake over ice and serve in a chilled martini glass.
- I’m having a hard time getting behind this one. The Calvados is the dominant flavor, but the taste is a little off. I cannot call this a well balanced drink.
- While there is a hint of sweetness from the Grand Marnier, ultimately this drink is rather dry, and if I am being honest, a little flat.
- I kept hoping that each sip would help make the taste get better, but unfortunately it just felt like a slog to get through this. Oh well.
- Dave’s Rating: 4/10
- Strength: 7/10
- Sweetness: 3/10
- I don’t think that I would serve this to someone unless they really knew what they were doing.