The second drink of Christmas has arrived! Just in time to help with a weekend of holiday shopping. Malls full of people trying desperately to think of something creative for their loved ones. The only problem is when they return to work in the new year, the realize that they all received the same sweater and trinket that was on sale at Macy’s. I guess I shouldn’t be so jaded… it is a nice sweater after all,
To help with the holiday shopping, along comes the Nacional. Drink enough of these and you too will be a creative force, turning over every pile of clothes in the mall to find that different sweater, You know the one that somehow didn’t get marked down like the rest of them, and really looks no better. But damn it, it’s different. Mission accomplished.
It seems like this drink has a high standard to reach, so let’s give it a try.
- 1.5 ounces gold rum
- 0.75 ounces apricot brandy
- 0.75 ounces pineapple juice
- 0.25 ounces lime juice
Serve this once in a martini glass after shaking everything over ice.
- The combination of apricot brandy, rum and pineapple juice make this a sweet drink.
- Essentially a “complex” pineapple juice. It’s hard to discern the other ingredients, but you can tell something is there,
- When drinking this in martini sized portions, it seems like it disappears too fast. So one leads to two… all the better to lighten your mood.
- Dave’s Rating 8/10
- Strength: 4/10
- Sweetness: 9/10
- A nice gateway martini for those who are scared of “short” format drinks.